How to Start a Florida Real Estate Career
Starting a career in Florida real estate is a fairly simple process. A career in real estate is not easy, but most things worthwhile in life come with some amount of work. Additionally, the income and career opportunities are significant for those who are serious about being successful.
Here are the basic steps to launching your successful Florida real estate career:
- Complete your 63 hour Florida real estate sales associate course. There are several Real Estate schools that offer the 63 hour real estate sales associate course online and in the classroom in both English and Spanish.
- Submit a state application along with electronic fingerprints. We recommend that you complete this step at the same time that you start the course, this way your exam can be scheduled close to the end of your course. Florida real estate law requires that the applicant is at least 18 years of age, has a social security number, and a high school diploma or equivalency. Florida residency and citizenship are not required.
- Take and pass the Florida real estate sales associate state exam. Real Estate Schools recognize that many students are nervous about taking a state exam and they have dedicated instructors who will provide you with the confidence and knowledge needed to pass. Included in many courses are live in-class reviews that many students who take the classroom, or the online, real estate courses find to be very valuable.
- Find a broker that you are comfortable with. Several Real Estate Schools offer monthly career fairs to help students find brokers who are eager to hire new agents. There are many points of difference with brokers and it is important that a new Florida real estate sales associate is comfortable with the broker they choose to work with.
- Take action immediately. Real estate is a commission oriented business, and a business where sales associates can make significant amounts of money. However, making money requires a game plan and consistent action. Many of the Real Estate Schools offer programs to help new sales associates plan and start their careers. It is equally important to find a brokerage willing to train a new agent as well. Be sure to ask what types of training the brokerage offers. Heirloom Realty International prides ourselves in training new and seasoned agents with helpful sessions geared to building your success and business as a realtor.
The following links are some of the recommended and successful Real Estate Schools our agents have attended.